- Web Development
Node.js is a tool that’s used in a variety of different ways in a variety of different workflows and for a variety of different purposes. Front-end, back-end, APIs, robotics, APIs, and more.
We’ve collected a list of ten useful modules that will help improve your development workflow and get the most out of your development time to be the most efficient developer you can be.
1. Express JS
Fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for node.
Express.js, or simply Express, is a web application framework for Node.js, released as free and open-source software under the MIT License. It is designed for building web applications and APIs. It is the de facto standard server framework for Node.js.
Some of the features of Express JS,
- Robust routing
- Focus on high performance
- Super-high test coverage
- HTTP helpers (redirection, caching, etc)
- View system supporting 14+ template engines( Pug, EJS, etc..)
- Content negotiation
- Executable for generating applications quickly
2. Gulp JS
Gulp Js is a module, which helps in automate and enhance the node js application work flow. It is a similar module like Grunt Js.
Gulp JS features:
- Automation – gulp is a toolkit that helps you automate painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow.
- Platform-agnostic – Integrations are built into all major IDEs and people are using gulp with PHP, .NET, Node.js, Java, and other platforms.
- Strong Ecosystem – Use npm modules to do anything you want + over 2000 curated plugins for streaming file transformations.
- Simple – By providing only a minimal API surface, gulp is easy to learn and simple to use
3. Bower Js
Web sites are made of lots of things — frameworks, libraries, assets, utilities, and rainbows. Bower manages all these things for you.
Bower works by fetching and installing packages from all over, taking care of hunting, finding, downloading, and saving the stuff you’re looking for.
It uses a Defer-like queue to keep track of tasks, allowing you to append additional tasks, attaching extra callbacks, and handling error inside callbacks, making it a more versatile and robust solution for complex dependency management.
Advantages of asyncJS are,
- Support asynchronous functions (such as AJAX request) with Defer-like resolver
- Handle error of the dependency queue
- Better looking, chaining syntax
- Painlessly add async/sync task current queue (due to Defer-like design)
- Better nested dependency management
The major features of this library are,
- Modularity and consistency
- Enhances and compatible with ES6/7
- Compatible build available for IE8 and older
- Available in AMD, ES and CommonJS module formats
6. Moment JS
Request is a simplified HTTP client comparable to Python’s requests library. This library is much more user friendly than the default http module and has been considered a go-to for the community for several years.
Its a fantastic option if you just want an easy to use library that deals with HTTP requests in a sane way. If you want to use Promises, you can check out the request-promise library.
Joi is a Node module for data validation. Joi can validate any kind of data from simple scalar data types such as strings, numbers or booleans, to complex values consisting of several levels of nested objects and arrays.
If you’re working with some data in your application that comes from an unknown source, for example via a public API, Joi can help you to ensure that data is in the required format. Checking these kind of inputs and acting accordingly when they’re incorrect will help to make your applications more stable and reliable.
10. Winston JS
A multi-transport async logging library for node.js. Winston is designed to be a simple and universal logging library with support for multiple transports. A transport is essentially a storage device for your logs. Each instance of a winston logger can have multiple transports configured at different levels.
For example, one may want error logs to be stored in a persistent remote location (like a database), but all logs output to the console or a local file or can also be integrated with any third party services.